Have you ever taken for granted how easily you would be able to meet a new challenge, only to find that your expectations were way off? Maybe your ego’s gotten in the way of truly embracing and mastering the challenge because you’re used to things coming easily. Maybe it’s commonplace for you to master seemingly difficult tasks without much effort.
I recently had an experience where my assumptions did not match up with reality. I was whitewater rafting for the first time, and I’m here to say, I was sure wrong about the last rapids being as easy as the first! As soon as I let my guard down and started getting complacent, I found myself falling out of my boat and into the water, and I wouldn’t have made it back to safety without a little help.
Sound like an experience you’ve had? Tune in for the whole story! I learned a lot, and I hope you will too!
In this episode, you will…
- Get three tips on surviving intimidating challenges
- Discover how dangerous ego can be, especially on whitewater rapids!
- Understand why staying humble is important when trying new things
- Realize that disappointments provide important course-correcting opportunities!
- Learn how to never give up on life, even when it’s tough
I hope you enjoy the adventure!