SDH 281: Don't Look Back, Just Take the Leap with Ashley Freeborn
Today's guest, Ashley Freeborn, runs a mother-daughter-bestie team, a business that sprouted from their obsession with stylish sleepwear. Matching pajamas have been one of their favorite traditions on Christmas morning since they can remember. A few years of brainstorming, dreaming & serious fashion schooling later, Smash + Tess was born, finally bringing women the dreamwear they deserve.
Ashley is a loving wife and a new mama to her baby girl Francesca aka “Frankie.” Born and raised in Vancouver, she was an educator for the better part of a decade and made the leap to corporate training and culture when she was offered a dream job in sunny Los Angeles. Ashley graduated from Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC with two Bachelor Degrees in English and Education, along with an M.Ed in Education.
Although she loved her corporate training career dearly, she still felt the need for a fun and fresh creative outlet – enter Smash + Tess. After finding a void in the loungewear market, she attended the summer fashion program at Conde Nast in London, UK, and the rest is history!
In this episode, you will...
- Discover the concept behind Ashley's business
- Hear about the brainstorming behind Smash + Tess
- Get a preview on the process behind Smash + Tess
- Learn about Ashley's inventory and sales in the early stages of her business
- Hear about Ashley's business model
- Find out Ashley's recommendation for new business owners on starting out
- Discover Ashley's mentor and role model
"Don't look back, just take the leap."