SDH 277: How to Take Action When Starting Out with Jennie Baik
Today's guest is an avid consumer technology and next-generation retail strategist, Jennie Baik! Jennie currently serves as the CEO and Co-founder of Orchard Mile, a newly launched digital shopping experience that is the first and only fashion platform that allows women to shop the full assortment of their favorite contemporary and luxury brands' sites, updated daily, in one place, with the ease of one checkout.
Jennie received her Master's degree from Harvard Business School in 2008 and also holds a BBA/BA in Business Honors and Plan II from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a frequent notable speaker at the annual Harvard Business School's annual Dynamic Women in Business and the Retail and Luxury Goods conference, as well as the Luxury Marketing Council's events in the New York area.
In this episode, you will...
- Hear about Jennie's background before Orchard Mile
- Discover how she came up with the name for her business
- Hear about how the idea of creating Orchard Mile came about
- Learn about the actionable things she took to get started
- Find out the importance of having a co-founder
- Be inspired by her decisions in pursuing her ideas to build her own business
"Once you make the decision to go, you're just ready to go."
"The number reason I wanted to start a company is that I just thought it'd be fun to create a culture that focused on values that I value."
"For me, success personally just looks like... Is my team happy? Do they like working here? Are we helping them grow their career? It's about people and not about the dollar."
"Optionality is sexy."